Twelve questions to get the mental math joke juices flowing. Answers will be posted tomorrow.
- How many eggs can you put in an empty basket?
- How is the moon like a dollar?
- What coin doubles in value when half is taken away?
- If you can buy 8 eggs for 26 cents, how many can you buy for a penny and a quarter?
- What occurs once in a minute, twice in a week, but only once in a year?
- What goes up but never comes down?
- Why is it impossible for a human arm to be exactly 12 inches long?
- Only DEAD people can read hexadecimal. How many people can read hexadecimal?
- How do you make 7 even?
- One is the loneliest number, two’s company, and three’s a crowd. What is four and five?
- Why do statisticians hate to shop for clothes?
- The math department organizes a raffle in which the prize is announced as an infinite amount of money paid over an infinite amount of time. With the promise of such a prize, the department is able to sell lots of tickets. How could the department offer such a prize and not go broke?